Friday, August 31, 2012

Weekend progress #1

The rails are cut off the trailer and I am constructing the floor framing this weekend. I've adjusted my foundation plans a little bit due to the excessive amount of time and work it would take to angle-grind the entire metal lip off all the way around the trailer. So instead I will be stripping off the unnecessary wood planking and lag-bolting 4x4 beams along the long axis of the trailer. My floor framing will be bolted to this foundation. I'm probably going to over-engineer this thing to the max, but better to have too much anchoring and securing than not enough. In these pictures I have placed the floor framing approximately where they will be so I can template how I will array the 4x4 beams to bolt to the trailer frame. Another advantage of doing it this way is I will be able to bolt the beams vertically and horizontally into the side lip, just adding an extra measure of stability and integrity.

No comments:

Post a Comment