Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Back On Track…Race to the Finish

I'm back working on the trailer house after taking about a month off to work on the big house. As we prepare to put the (actual) house on the market next month, we had a lot of projects to do. We replaced the old plumbing pipes, replaced the old wiring, built a closet into one of the bedrooms, painted the whole inside of the house, pressure washed the outside, reglazed and scraped and painted all the windows, painted the front porch, and repaired some vinyl siding. Now we are mostly done, and I have 10 days to finish the tiny house before we take it on the road for the first time. So I have registered the trailer and got it all street legal, and now I'm in a mad dash to finish it. To meet this timeline I had to streamline and simplify a lot, based on some developments to our re-settlement plan. These changes include nixing the built in shower in favor of building a stand alone shower structure at our final destination, as well as some minor layout changes. The floor is done, and I did about 50% of the insulation today. Tomorrow I will finish insulating and begin installing the siding. These pictures aren't the best quality, but I seem to have left my camera at a friend's house in North Carolina last week, so I used the computer's picture capture feature. Take it or leave it.

No comments:

Post a Comment