Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Wall Frames

- Wall frames are done and raised. This raising was accomplished by my wife and I in the dark, and it very nearly ended in disaster. Mission accomplished, though. I have the bay wall partially framed; I need to pick up a couple of components from Lowes tomorrow to finish. The loft beams are in place, though not attached yet. Once all the framing is up and securely fastened to the floor frame I will sheath the walls and start framing the roof. I need to find a good stopping place where the structure will be adequately protected for the winter when I will not be working on it. Not that it gets freezing cold here in Georgia, but just so everything is somewhat closed up and protected. P.S. The trip to North Carolina was awesome and we came back motivated to do some building. Also the rice crispy treats at Grandma's house kicked butt. It was a good week.

No comments:

Post a Comment