Sunday, October 14, 2012

Roof Cladding

Outside view…roof cladding all in place.
Interior view from the main loft.
Interior view from under the main loft. Not much different. And below are my helpers taking a break and getting some chow. Pretty tuckered out.
I think I set a new standard yesterday in shady construction techniques. In one fun filled four hour period I: 1) sawed with a skill saw while holding the wood with my hand and knees. 2) Nearly guillotined myself with a monster sheet of plywood trying to solo muscle it onto the rafters. 3) Balanced precariously on the roof ridge while screwing and hammering the last plywood sheet, including one event where I hooked my feet on the top and suspended my body down head first so I could reach the bottom edge to secure it. Awesome. We all came out unscathed, the roof is sheathed, we're ready to put on the metal roofing. So mission accomplished. In retrospect, if I had two other dudes working with me and a medium sized step ladder I probably could have gotten it all done in like an hour with no near death experiences. But anyone who knows me knows that's not how I roll. I apply one of my old military mottoes to these situations: if it don't suck, it ain't worth doing.

3 comments:

  1. "In retrospect, if I had two other dudes working with me and a medium sized step ladder I probably could have gotten it all done in like an hour with no near death experiences."

    That's the #1 negative about community...sucks a lot of the thrill out of daily work.

    WM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed. That's why it should always incorporate a horseback broadsword tournament once a month or some such thing to keep it interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great work..Thanks for giving this blog..It beautifully shows each and every view of metal..One of the main benefits of metal are, it requires less maintenance...For more further information, you may visit Metal roof cladding

    ReplyDelete